Errors after KB3035583 installed RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not an IT Tech and I have gone everywhere I can think of to solve the problems I'm having on my laptop without success so I decided to go to the experts here.  I've researched my problem and I believe it started when the KB3035583 update occurred in April.  My has not done any Windows Updates since that date.  Also, I believe that update should have installed the Windows 10 icon but it did not.

Here's what is going on.  My Windows update goes in a vicious circle saying that I need to check for updates.  I check for updates and then it says that I need to restart my computer so it can install updates.  3 update are made only if I select "Shutdown" but they never show up in the "installed updates".  Once I shutdown, my laptop acts as though it is installing 3 updates but when I turn it back on and go to the Windows Updates it tells me to check updates again and repeats what I just wrote.  If I select "restart" then the 3 installations show as failed and again the circle continues.

Another problem that goes along with this problem is that it won't let me change things.  It says my System Administrator needs to make the changes.  I am the only one who uses the computer and I am set up as an Administrator.  In trying to fix this particular issue, I spent 2 hours on the phone with a Microsoft tech.  He couldn't figure it out.  Also, when he remotely connected to my laptop he set up a network Administrator user and that didn't work either.  Also, I can't delete that user. 

If there is anyone out there that can help please do.  You can also e-mail me at ladylyn7@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Lyn

Sunday, August 23, 2015 4:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Lyn!

You could run the Windows Update Automated Troubleshooter tool.

Use the Run now button on the next page.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/windows-update-issues/en-us?wa=wsignin1.0

Hopefully, it helps.

Sunday, August 23, 2015 5:17 PM
  • I've done all that.  I've run that probably ten along with the Fix it tool.  The Microsoft tech who tried to help me also ran them when he was connected remotely.  I'm so frustrated!  I just want to do my updates so I can install Windows 10.  I have it on two desktops but not my laptop.

I've also researched this problem and it has been a problem with Windows 7 from the beginning.  Why hasn't Microsoft fixed this irritating problem?????  I'm about ready to reset my laptop to factory installation.  I hate doing that because it means re-installing all my programs and that's a pain.

Can you at least tell me what I type on the cmd line to delete the admin that the Microsoft tech setup?  I'm sure I can find it.  Just tired of researching things.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 3:51 AM
  • Hi lyn,

Please use the media creation tool to install/upgrade Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Regards,
    George Zhao
    Forum Support

Thursday, August 27, 2015 8:27 AM
  • Thank you so much!  I'm downloading it now and will be installing Windows 10.  This is the answer I've been looking for over the past several weeks.  I'll let you know if it works or not.  I think it will though.

Again, thank you.

Lyn Chagaris

Thursday, August 27, 2015 3:59 PM
  • I've done all that multiple times with no success.  Look at my next reply to my post.  I think that guy has finally given me what I needed.  If it works I will definitely post something on here for people having problems getting the Windows 10 installation icon and updating the Windows Updates that allow them to get the icon.
    Thursday, August 27, 2015 4:01 PM
  • Thought I'd let everyone know that my laptop is working great since installing Windows 10 with the link George Zhao posted. Thank you so much!

Lyn Chagaris

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 2:14 AM
  • after KB3035583 automatic update 3/24/16 my ViewSonic LCD display using Intel Video controller was vary vary dim. could not manually adjust contrast and brightness.  Had to unistall KB3035583 to gain control over my display.

as a result have turned off automatic updates.

as i understand, KB3035583 is the Win7 to Win10 update patch.

have been having an ongoing problem with updates in that they don't automatically shutdown after the updates are installed.

only went to win7 from XP so as to get updates for security reasons only now to have to turn off all updates!

Friday, March 25, 2016 4:40 PM