about gadgets RRS feed

• Question

• in my laptop the gadgets not work

i instal some gadgets last week

what are the resons?

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 11:29 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Would you please let me know if the built-in gadgets worked? Where did you download?

Make sure the latest installed gadgets are enabled. If they are not displayed properly, it could be third party software affected. Please perform a Clean Boot and disable your security software to check the result.

If the issue persist, you may need to re-registry the gadget files or reinstall Java. Please open an elevated CMD windows and type the following command.

regsvr32 msxml3.dll

regsvr32 scrrun.dll

regsvr32 jscript.dll

http://www.java.com/getjava/

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, April 22, 2011 8:58 AM
    Friday, April 15, 2011 9:24 AM

All replies

• On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:29:40 +0000, Ribu Alexander wrote:

in my laptop the gadgets not work

i instal some gadgets last week

what are the resons?

Please describe your problem in much more detail. Tell us what "not
    work" means. Exactly how are you trying? What happens when you try? If
    you get an error message, please quote it verbatim.

And what gadgets are these?

Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 3:25 PM
  • Hi,

Would you please let me know if the built-in gadgets worked? Where did you download?

Make sure the latest installed gadgets are enabled. If they are not displayed properly, it could be third party software affected. Please perform a Clean Boot and disable your security software to check the result.

If the issue persist, you may need to re-registry the gadget files or reinstall Java. Please open an elevated CMD windows and type the following command.

regsvr32 msxml3.dll

regsvr32 scrrun.dll

regsvr32 jscript.dll

http://www.java.com/getjava/

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, April 22, 2011 8:58 AM
    Friday, April 15, 2011 9:24 AM