none
Update Project but % Complete reduce. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I want to update my project. However, when i update the subtask using "mark on track", the % complete for that task is reduce. 
    Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We would need more information: what are the exact steps you performed? Do you have a resource assigned on the task? Which version of Project do you use? Can you share your example? Can you reproduce the issue on a blank new project?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Thursday, September 21, 2017 11:07 AM
  • Hi there, 

thanks for reply

In my project, there is nothing special task and only predecessors and successors applied. No resources on the task and I'm currently using MS Project 2016. it's quite difficult to make example or reproduce it as I have 4000+ task in the project. 

I identified which sub-task that reduce the % complete but somehow I cannot solve the problem. the sub-task itself is a waiting period and if I "mark on track" it, the %complete for that sub-task is increased but the %complete for main task is reduced. 

I'm sorry I cannot give you the project or example of it. But can u give me possible problem or solution so I can try it by myself. 

Friday, September 22, 2017 1:59 AM
  • Note that the % complete is based in the duration (actual duration/duration). Thus depending on your use case, it might be that the duration increases more than the actual duration, thus the ratio (=%complete) decreases. If you share the exact number on the given tasks, you could confirm this situation.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, September 22, 2017 7:55 AM
  • What I found today is when I update my project as of today's date, my actual duration is decreased. How is that possible? it happened only when I update for September 2017 because I tried update till 31 August, it still fine and %complete increased accordingly. 
    Saturday, September 23, 2017 3:17 AM