none
Inactive Resources Notification RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I used to receive a notification window that listed those inactive resources with remaining work that are still associated with a project being opened.       

My PM's see this notification - but I do not! 

I am the admin for the project server - and have full permissions - but I cannot figure out why this notification does not pop up upon opening a project schedule.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Randy Knight  

Monday, January 18, 2016 9:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Randy,

The notification's will show up to only to the resources mapped as "Status Manager" in the Project Plan. Since your name is not mapped in the "status manager" field, you are not able to see those notifications.

To see the Notifications. Open the project plan in Project Professional connected to your PWA, right click any of the column (Task Name, Duration, Start) and insert the column "Status Manager" (Who has created the Task and Assigned the resources). There you can see the Project managers name listed in that column. Change the "Status Manager" to your name for one of the tasks and publish the project. Once publish completed, check-in and try to open the project again in Project Professional.  

-SNKBalaji

• Edited by SNKBALAJI Tuesday, January 19, 2016 11:47 AM
    Tuesday, January 19, 2016 7:57 AM
  • Thanks for the response -   Wish I could say that were the case, but I am in fact listed as a status manager for active tasks within the project schedules.      So it must be some other reason....  

Any other ideas?

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 2:53 PM
  • Randy,

The only way I could replicate your scenario was if the the "Calculate project after each edit" option was set to "Off".

File >> Options >> Schedule >> Calculate project after each edit 

Let us know if that helps!

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 4:03 PM