After resuming from sleep applications stop responding if I type in them RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, the problem I am having is that occasionally when I wake my computer from sleep mode certain applications such as Firefox or Chrome stop responding or freeze when I start typing in them. If I do not type into say the search bar, I can continue to use the application like normal. Like in firefox, switching tabs, go to bookmarks, however the second I attempt to type something into the text field the programs freeze! This problem is not restricted to just firefox and chrome, but other programs that allow you to type in them. Additionally I can still type in the start menu search bar.

Putting my computer to sleep and waking it again does not remove these problems, but a quick restart has everything working fine. I've only updated my graphics, audio and touchpad drivers so far. I would like to avoid doing a clean install of the OS.

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit with an intel i5.

Thanks.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 7:15 AM

Answers

• Hi ,

Please check if there is any error received. Have you checked the Event Viewer? It may contain information relevant to your issue.

Also, is there any Microsoft program that does not work after resuming?

Did you install the Windows 7 SP1? If not, please install it as there are many resuming related known issue are fixed in the Windows 7 SP1.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, April 5, 2012 3:02 AM
    Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:36 AM