Outlook 2013 email restore. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am was using Microsoft Office Outlook 2013 for company emails, suddenly my computer OS got corrupted, somehow I managed to backup my email account's OST file from windows directory.

But after system reconfiguration I am unable to restore email from OST file that I have backed-up.

Please suggest process to restore emails.

Saturday, September 30, 2017 2:41 PM

Answers

• An ost-file is merely an offline cache of the data contained on the mail server. Simply reconnect to your company's mail server (Exchange?) and it will download all your emails, contacts, calendar, etc again.

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, October 2, 2017 5:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andy DavidMVP Monday, April 29, 2019 4:48 PM
    Saturday, September 30, 2017 4:41 PM

All replies

• An ost-file is merely an offline cache of the data contained on the mail server. Simply reconnect to your company's mail server (Exchange?) and it will download all your emails, contacts, calendar, etc again.

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, October 2, 2017 5:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andy DavidMVP Monday, April 29, 2019 4:48 PM
    Saturday, September 30, 2017 4:41 PM
  • Alternativly you can use third party ost to pst tools or manual tricks to expost OST file data to MS Outlook PST (whatever version), you are using.
    Monday, October 2, 2017 11:12 AM
  • Hi,

Uninstall outlook and reinstall it again then reconnect to your company server will solve the problem. or Contact your outlook admin to provide OST file. Also, refer the link below, gives idea how to restore deleted items

https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/Recover-deleted-items-in-Outlook-for-Windows-49e81f3c-c8f4-4426-a0b9-c0fd751d48ce

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 11:39 AM