Windows 7 blue screen problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, I get a blue screen in win7 about 3-4 times a day, and even when i'm not using the computer it will happen, I was told I should upload my Minidump files so someone can check, as I have no idea, this would be really appreciated.

My minidump files are

100110-30154-01 created 01/10/2010 @ 18:57

100110-22089-01 created 01/10/2010 @ 19:19

100210-25911-01 created 02/10/2010 @ 11:58

can you check them, I had to upload them to hotfile in a zip as I can't find any other way to upload. http://hotfile.com/dl/73214618/5936d4e/Minidump_win7.rar.html

• Changed type Leo Huang Tuesday, October 5, 2010 2:45 AM
    Saturday, October 2, 2010 11:17 AM

Answers

• Hi there, no I have not tried running any of those tools yet. I'm not very experianced with these sort of thing, but I believe I can do a memory diagnostics with my win7 CD right?

Nope, you don't need to run win 7 CD to run memory diagnostic, all you need to do is go to adminstrative tools> double click on windows memory diagnostic and it would prompt you whether you want to restart now and check for problem or next time when you restart. Once you choose either option, the memory test would be schedule

As for memtest, you could always download, either burn it onto a cd or save it on a floppy drive and next run the test

• Proposed as answer by Leo Huang Tuesday, October 5, 2010 2:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Daniel HoEditor Friday, October 8, 2010 4:34 PM
    Saturday, October 2, 2010 11:28 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Have you try running memtest or windows memory diagnostic? Alternatively look under adminstrative tools>event viewer for clues and error
    Saturday, October 2, 2010 11:20 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi there, no I have not tried running any of those tools yet. I'm not very experianced with these sort of thing, but I believe I can do a memory diagnostics with my win7 CD right?

So I looked under Event viewer and I see lots of errors, most of them are by programs such as Microsoft security essentials, adobe air and Windows movie maker.

Saturday, October 2, 2010 11:22 AM

Nope, you don't need to run win 7 CD to run memory diagnostic, all you need to do is go to adminstrative tools> double click on windows memory diagnostic and it would prompt you whether you want to restart now and check for problem or next time when you restart. Once you choose either option, the memory test would be schedule

As for memtest, you could always download, either burn it onto a cd or save it on a floppy drive and next run the test

• Proposed as answer by Leo Huang Tuesday, October 5, 2010 2:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Daniel HoEditor Friday, October 8, 2010 4:34 PM
    Saturday, October 2, 2010 11:28 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the info, I'm going to run a memory test now, as that's the best shot I have at the moment because i'm unsure of what the problem is, if any problems do show up i'll be sure to post it if you don't mind checking them.

Saturday, October 2, 2010 11:33 AM
  • Hey memory diagnostic finished, it found no error in the memory, i'm glad to hear that, but i'm still confused at what the problem may be, is there anything else I can do to find the problem?
    Saturday, October 2, 2010 11:49 AM
  • Consider updating the BIOS. There have been several BIOS updates, some addressing system stability, since BIOS version 0803 which you are currently at.

You can obtain BIOS updates from the following link:

http://support.asus.com/download/download_item_dna.aspx?product=1&model=M4A77TD%20PRO&f_type=-2&SLanguage=en-us&os=30

You can check the BIOS version here:

Start > type msinfo32 in the "Search programs and files" box and press "Enter"  > System Summary >  BIOS Version/Date (right window)

Also, you are running two real-time antivirus, AVG and Microsoft Security Essentials.

Consider uninstalling one of these programs to improve system stability.

Also, uninstall any ASUS utilities, such as Asus Probe, at least until you can solve the BSODs.

Also, the sptd.sys driver has been known to cause various blue screen errors in certain setups, so I would recommend to uninstall the application that installed this driver, possibly that is Daemon Tools.

Then uninstall the sptd.sys - see "How can I remove SPTD driver on 64-bit OS?" in the following link:

http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/faq

If you continue to receive BSODs please provide the resulting minidump files.

• Proposed as answer by Leo Huang Tuesday, October 5, 2010 2:45 AM
    Saturday, October 2, 2010 12:14 PM
  • Hey memory diagnostic finished, it found no error in the memory, i'm glad to hear that, but i'm still confused at what the problem may be, is there anything else I can do to find the problem?

Just a thought, how long you run the test? You might wanna try memtest and see how it goes before we go one step further
    Saturday, October 2, 2010 3:08 PM
    Answerer
  • Sounds like you might have a heat problem.  Open up your computer and verify all the fans are running- CPU, video card, and power supply.  Blow out all accumulated dust especially on the CPU heat sink.

Jerry

Saturday, October 2, 2010 7:00 PM
  • On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 19:00:40 +0000, jwitalka wrote:

Sounds like you might have a heat problem.  Open up your computer and verify all the fans are running- CPU, video card, and power supply.  Blow out all accumulated dust especially on the CPU heat sink.

Yes, it could be a heat problem, and trying what you suggest is a
    good idea, and can't hurt.

But let me add a word of warning: blow out the dirt with a can of
    compressed air. Do not use a vacuum cleaner, since it can result in
    a static electricity discharge which could fry the computer.

Ken Blake
    • Proposed as answer by Leo Huang Tuesday, October 5, 2010 2:45 AM
    Saturday, October 2, 2010 9:43 PM
  • You might wanna run the troubleshooter in action center to verify the problem lies on where
    Sunday, October 3, 2010 4:49 AM
    Answerer