SfB presense not updating RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I have a odd issue and I am trying to determine if its a SfB server issue or another products issue.  We currently use Clarity Connect as a call center solution that fits in with SfB.  Its has been a pain to troubleshoot all the issues that comes along with this product.  However, I am trying to tell Clarity that this issue is there issue and not with your SfB server.  However certain staff are report odd presense behaviors as well that are NOT using Clarity.

I am hoping someone could lead me in the right direction to prove that our SfB server presence health is working correctly.

So the presence issue we are having is that when a user is in a call their status is showing Available on other SfB clients.  But when the other user double clicks the name to send an IM or call the presence changes from Available to On a Call.  Also, while the user is on the call, if they click Reset Presence it will change to On a Call as well.

Does this point to a server side presence issue or client side issue?

Thanks for any information

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 7:21 PM

All replies

• Hi igibason,

If the issue only appeared on the specific SFB client, it is the issue with SFB client side, but if the issue appeared on all SFB clients it may be something wrong with SFB server side.

Situation1:
    If the specific client had the issue, please try the following steps:
    1. Perform a clean boot on your computer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
    2. Delete SFB cache files and test again: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com
    3. Repair office
    4. Make sure your SFB client with the latest update.

Situation 2:
    If all users had the issue, please try as following:
    1. Make sure SFB server with the latest update.
    2. You could also try to disable and re-enable user in SFB server side.
    3. Run the command in SFB management shell: Update-CsAddressBook to force the specified Address Book servers to synchronize their contents with the User database.

Hope these information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 3:05 AM
  • Hi Alice,

Thanks for the information!  From the information I am getting this happening to multiple users (but all enabled for Clarity Connect).  I will perform the steps in Situation1 on a single user to see if they still experience the issue.

As for the possibly of a server side issue, what events/logs would you recommend I watch out for to spot a presence issue?

Thanks again,

Ian...

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 3:31 AM
  • Agree with Alice Suggestion, apart from this if you wanted to deep dive in to troubleshooting presence ,you can also enable loggin from the server and see the presence data is getting passed to  the clarity server  or not 

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 7:22 AM
  • Hi igibason,

Thanks for your confirmation.

As you said, the issue happen to multiple users which have been enabled for Clarity Connect, and the users not enable clarity connect didn’t have the issue, so in my opinion, there may be compatibility issue or something wrong with Clarity Connect, we suggest you contact clarity connect and check if there are any issues.

For call center solution, because you use SFB server, you could try response group, it could avoid compatibility issue, the following document is for your reference
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398513.aspx
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj205270.aspx

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, February 13, 2017 9:35 AM
    Thursday, February 9, 2017 8:50 AM