Microsoft Outlook 2016 stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Outlook 2016 stopped working. This error appeared after I download Office 216 and installed it. Why? And, how do I fix it.
    Monday, June 27, 2016 9:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Does this issue happen to other Office programs?

Do you have any email account added in your Outlook 2016?

First, I'd recommend you try starting Outlook in safe mode to see if this issue continues. To do this, press Windows key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /safe and press Enter. If Outlook works as expected in safe mode, it mean that this issue could be caused by third-party add-ins. Although it's a new installation of Office 2016, other programs may integrate into Outlook and install add-ins to it.

It’s also important to make sure that Windows is fully up-to-date. A recent update could correct the startup issue you are experiencing with your Office 2016 application.

If above doesn't applies, the video configuration of your PC may cause this problem. Go to this article about video configuration incompatibilities for more information.

For detailed troubleshooting steps, please have a look at the following article:

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Why-do-I-get-a-stopped-working-message-when-I-start-my-Office-application-52bd7985-4e99-4a35-84c8-2d9b8301a2fa

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, July 6, 2016 9:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Friday, July 8, 2016 10:00 AM
    Tuesday, June 28, 2016 6:38 AM

All replies