Unable to deploy TMG Definition updates via SCCM Software Updates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have selected the TMG Definition updates in SCCM Software Updates. I assigned the updates to an update list and deployed them to the TMG servers.

However, the definition updates don't install on the TMG servers.

When I look in the SCCM Update list view it displays;

• HTTP Malware Definitions Updates for Forefront Threat Managemnet .... 59% 0 0 50
    • Definition Update for TMG Network Inspection System ........................ 59% 0 0 50

Both as 0 in the Installed and Required Column and e.g. 59% / 50  in the % complient / NOT required column.

So some how it thinks that they don't need the updates but I the updates are from today.

Any other MS updates work fine - its just the definitions that don't work.

Any idea?

P.S when I look at the Package source I see files like mpam-d.exe and mpam-fe.exe

Could it be that Definition updates for TMG are not supported in SCCM?

Thanks

ECL

Friday, May 6, 2011 5:03 PM

All replies

• Hello - Scanning is happening properly? Also, check the comments from Kent & Bechir. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmgrsum/thread/b0e2cbc9-5f4e-4cb2-a0e9-660b3bb350ce
    Anoop C Nair - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Saturday, May 7, 2011 7:47 AM
  • Hi, yeah I seen that thread and I see they have decided to get the updates direct from MS in the end. The clients are scanning as other updates work.

Saturday, May 7, 2011 12:19 PM