Installation of sharepoint 2007 productivity hub fails RRS feed

• Question

• It installs correctly but after I run the full crawl and run the postinstall I get the error that the crawl of the is not found when I go back to the crawl I see that it has crawled the directory correctly.

If this is the ircorrect forum to post this please let me know

Jim

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:51 PM

Answers

• Hello Jim,

We consider the 2nd message in this post as the question you would like to address.

The error shows that we are failing at the time of deleting existing site collection where Productivity Hub is supposed to be installed. You can try and first delete the existing site collection at http://phmossweb1s:42200/sites/ProductivityHub and then run the installation again. Alternatively for testing purpose, you can also provide another path either in same web application or another one and check if the site collection with Productivity Hub gets created or not. When you run the installation, please ensure that the location of the command prompt is same as the path where Productivity Hub files are installed.

Thanks,

Regards,
    Manas Biswas
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you or click 'Unmark as Answer' if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Friday, December 2, 2011 9:47 AM
    Monday, November 28, 2011 6:51 PM

All replies

• I get the following error when I try to complete the installation.  It appears that it is trying to delete the virtual dir "on C" and we installed SharePoint to D:  Does this assume that we have installed to C:?

Thanks

Jim

Starting restore of site collection: 'http://phmossweb1s:42200/sites/ProductivityHub', requested by: PHCORP\svcshptstg, source: ProductivityHub.bak      

11/22/2011 13:18:37.58 STSADM.EXE (0x07C0)  0x1868  Windows SharePoint Services   General  0              High       Deleting the site at http://phmossweb1s:42200/sites/ProductivityHub and not deleting AD accounts.            

11/22/2011 13:18:37.26 STSADM.EXE (0x07C0)  0x1868  ULS Logging  Unified Logging Service       8wsv      High       ULS Init Completed (STSADM.EXE, Microsoft.Office.Server.Native.dll)   

11/22/2011 13:18:38.01 STSADM.EXE (0x07C0)  0x1868  Windows SharePoint Services   General   8kh7      High           Delete site operation cancelled by user.  Check the log files for additional details.  <br>    The snapshot directory does not exist or is not properly configured.                 

11/22/2011 13:18:38.01 STSADM.EXE (0x07C0)  0x1868  Windows SharePoint Services   General    72ju       High       stsadm:     Delete site operation cancelled by user.  Check the log files for additional details.  <br>    The snapshot directory does not exist or is not properly configured.   Callstack:    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.DeleteSite(String bstrUrl, Boolean bDeleteADAccounts, Boolean bGradualDelete)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.Delete(Boolean deleteADAccounts, Boolean gradualDelete)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.Delete(Boolean bDeleteADAccounts)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.Delete()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSiteCollection.Restore(String strSiteUrl, String strFilename, Boolean bOverwrite, Boolean hostHeaderAsSiteName)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.StsAdmin.SPAdminRestore.RunSiteCollectionRestore(StringDictionary keyValues)     at Microsoft.Share...          

11/22/2011 13:18:38.01*  STSADM.EXE (0x07C0)  0x1868  Windows SharePoint Services   General   72ju       High       ...Point.StsAdmin.SPAdminRestore.Run(StringDictionary keyValues)     at  Microsoft.SharePoint.StsAdmin.SPStsAdmin.RunOperation(SPGlobalAdmin globalAdmin, String strOperation, StringDictionary keyValues, SPParamCollection pars)     

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:19 PM
  • Hello schnauzer,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks,

Wayne Fan

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact  tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 7:18 AM
  • Hello Jim,

We consider the 2nd message in this post as the question you would like to address.

The error shows that we are failing at the time of deleting existing site collection where Productivity Hub is supposed to be installed. You can try and first delete the existing site collection at http://phmossweb1s:42200/sites/ProductivityHub and then run the installation again. Alternatively for testing purpose, you can also provide another path either in same web application or another one and check if the site collection with Productivity Hub gets created or not. When you run the installation, please ensure that the location of the command prompt is same as the path where Productivity Hub files are installed.

Thanks,

Regards,
    Manas Biswas
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you or click 'Unmark as Answer' if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Friday, December 2, 2011 9:47 AM
    Monday, November 28, 2011 6:51 PM