none
Need help with a desktop's hard drive not being recognized during the MDT process RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I currently have a MDT server set up by a previous person and it runs great for all our standard machines.  However, we have a couple of models that looks to need to have the Hard Drive driver provided during the MDT process.  I am by no means versed in MDT and need help with how to get MDT to recognize a drive for a specific model during the imaging process.  If there is a link or video, etc that would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Nick

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 5:29 PM

All replies

• This is one of the first posts I read that helped explain driver management for MDT, still use it today, by far he is the expert for this stuff, even own some of his books now.

MDT-2013-Lite-Touch-Driver-Management

This guy is also really great, some good YouTube videos (BTNHD).

Though I would just add that you will need the Deployment Workbench and additional things installed to manipulate the MDT deployment share, if you don't already those installed on your computer.

Best of luck,

Bob

• Edited by STLBob Tuesday, November 20, 2018 8:50 PM
    Tuesday, November 20, 2018 8:30 PM
  • Hello,

I currently have a MDT server set up by a previous person and it runs great for all our standard machines.  However, we have a couple of models that looks to need to have the Hard Drive driver provided during the MDT process.  I am by no means versed in MDT and need help with how to get MDT to recognize a drive for a specific model during the imaging process.  If there is a link or video, etc that would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Nick

It sounds like you need to make sure its storage driver get loaded into boot image. Anytime you get a new machine you need to make sure all its boot critical drivers are added to MDT (network, hard drive, etc) then regenerate the boot image and replace it in WDS. Without the storage driver MDT cannot see the hard disk. In most cases the storage driver is not needed unless its using scsi or raid.

Follow Bob's link it should guide you.

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 6:02 PM