Emails in Non-IPM subtree can be searched out when enable "Use Cached Exchange Mode" option in outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I moved a mail to a new created folder in non-IPM subtree. The email can not be seen in inbox. But I could search it out by subject when enable "Use Cached Exchange Mode" option in outlook 2016. The previous results will not be discovered when I disabled the option and search again.
    Is the current behavior normal in outlook 2016?
    Wednesday, February 28, 2018 9:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Simon,

What's the folder structure of your mailbox? What does "non-IPM subtree" refer to in the description? How did you create a new folder in the non-IPM subtree? If possible, could you provide a screenshot so that we can understand it clearly and try to reproduce this issue here?

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, March 1, 2018 8:56 AM
  • I created a subfolder under Root folder, with the c# code as follows:

var folder = new Folder(this._es);
    folder.DisplayName = "TestSearch";
    var isHiddenProp = new ExtendedPropertyDefinition(0x10f4, MapiPropertyType.Boolean);
    folder.SetExtendedProperty(isHiddenProp, true);
    folder.Save(WellKnownFolderName.Root);

According to the description of the MSDN document, the folders created under ROOT are in the Non-IPM Subtree.
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn535505%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx

Friday, March 2, 2018 1:56 AM
  • Hi Steve,

Can you reproduce this issue according my description?

Regards,

Simon

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 8:12 AM