none
Import PDF to OneNote 2016

Question

• I am using OneNote 2016 on Windows 10 and would like to import a PDF's contents (not attach) into a OneNote notebook - a task that is trivial for Evernote. Does anyone know how this can be accomplished?
    Monday, March 27, 2017 4:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean you want the contents of PDF to be editable after inserted into OneNote? If this is the case, I'm afraid it's not possible in OneNote now.

As a workaround, we may try to insert the PDF as "File Printout" first, and then right click the printout, select "Copy Text from This Page of the Printout". After that, paste the copied text into the blank space of the OneNote page.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 2:16 AM
  • Hi,

Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. Please don't hesitate to post back if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 1:48 AM
  • Hi!
    I was able to go to the PDF, select Print and have the location be sent to OneNote 2016.
    Perhaps this can be an option for you?
    Monday, October 2, 2017 8:22 PM