none
Project Server 2013 Synch Issue Between Draft and Reporting Tables RRS feed

• Question

• We are finding differences in data between our draft tables and reporting tables in Project Server 2013.  Specifically, actual work is correct in the draft  table but not correct in the reporting table.  We can delete the project schedule and then re-load it to re-synch the tables but of course that is not a sustainable process.  This happens 2 or 3 times a day, not consistently nor have we been able to recognize a pattern when this happens.  Any idea?

Thanks,

Todd

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 3:59 PM

Answers

• The solution ended being a bug in the software.  After many hours on the phone with MS we got a person who was able to provide us with a script that fixed our database and prevented the problem from recurring.

Thanks all, I hope you do not have this issue in your future!

• Marked as answer by PM Todd Wednesday, July 20, 2016 6:37 PM
    Wednesday, July 20, 2016 6:37 PM

All replies

• Todd,

The "Synch" happens when projects are published. How often are your projects being published? and are they being published, with no nerror, before you do the comparison?

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT TWitter: @prasannaadavi Blog: http://www.prasannaadavi.com

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 4:05 PM
  • Hi Todd,

You may need to refresh the reporting DB to correct your sync issue.

See the article below for the procedure:

http://www.epmcentral.com/pjadmin/pjserver10/rebuilddb.php

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 5:58 PM
  • @Prasanna:  We are re-publishing at least weekly, with no reporting errors being logged.

@Guillaume:  Thank you for the link, I'll investigate that.

Todd

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 6:16 PM
  • Hi Todd,

As far as I know, draft and reporting will always have differences. It's Publish database that keep sync with Reporting database. When you publish data it moves to Reporting db within short interval (depending on your system performance).

Thanks

IN
    Thanks, Kashif

• Marked as answer by PM Todd Wednesday, July 20, 2016 6:34 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by PM Todd Wednesday, July 20, 2016 6:34 PM
    Tuesday, June 10, 2014 8:10 PM
  • The solution ended being a bug in the software.  After many hours on the phone with MS we got a person who was able to provide us with a script that fixed our database and prevented the problem from recurring.

• Marked as answer by PM Todd Wednesday, July 20, 2016 6:37 PM
    Wednesday, July 20, 2016 6:37 PM

Hi Todd,

Do you mind to share with me more how did Microsoft resolve your issue? Did you just run the scripts yourself?

Also when did they resolve your issue? I asked because your original post was dated back 2014, but you just marked as answer in July 2016.

Thanks for your help,

Sam

Monday, December 12, 2016 4:12 PM