none
SCCM 2007 Distribution Point not updating RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to update one of my DPs the other day and after 24 hours the package had still not updated.  I checked the distmgr.log and all I see is line after line of:

"Creating, Reading and or updating operations management server registry keys for a distribution point..."

There is an occassional line that indicates success then right back to creating, reading.....

I cannot find any errors.  It appears that it is doing this for all of the DPs.  The problem is I have over 200 and back up nightly.  So it keeps starting over.  What does this line mean?  Is there something I can do to stop it?

Thanks

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 4:36 PM

Answers

• I checked some more logs and found that the component summarizer was also having issues access the operations management component registry keys.  checking out  that log, it was a permissions problem.  Since I couldn't figure out the exact registry key(s).  I just did a site reset and all is a good again. 
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 6:33 PM

All replies

• I checked some more logs and found that the component summarizer was also having issues access the operations management component registry keys.  checking out  that log, it was a permissions problem.  Since I couldn't figure out the exact registry key(s).  I just did a site reset and all is a good again. 
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 6:33 PM
  • Hello,

Very glad to hear the issue resolved. And thanks for sharing your experience, by which you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks,

Yog Li
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:16 AM