none
MIM and BHOLD Upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Question?

I see the documentation for upgrading FIM 2010 R2 to MIM and have completed that in my test environment.  But, there is no mention of BHOLD.  The BHOLD installation options are on the ISO. But, it this truly and upgrade, or does the old BHOLD have to be uninstalled and then the new BHOLD installed?

And, is there someplace that lists the BHOLD build numbers?  I'm at 5.0.3079 right now.

Thanks,

Greg

Thursday, November 19, 2015 10:06 PM

All replies

• Nothing?
    Tuesday, November 24, 2015 1:56 PM
  • Hi,

I also could not find any official upgrade documentation for BHOLD from FIM 2010 R2 to MIM 2016. However looking at the previous scenarios, your second options seems more likely.

The official upgrade documentation for upgrading BHOLD Suite to BHOLD Suite SP1 says;

"Microsoft BHOLD Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1) contains significant improvements and additions to the previous version of BHOLD Suite. For this reason, it is not possible to upgrade an existing BHOLD Suite installation to BHOLD Suite SP1. If you have already installed BHOLD Suite, you must uninstall all BHOLD Suite components before you can install BHOLD Suite SP1. You can retain and upgrade your existing BHOLD database, however, so you do not have to recreate your role model after you install BHOLD Suite SP1."

Could not find any info on BHOLD build numbers..

Hope this helps.

Wouter Landuyt | IS4U FIM/MIM Expert Blog: blog.is4u.be

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer. Thank you!

Friday, November 27, 2015 11:27 AM
  • Thanks Wouter,

Here's what I found out.  The install is smart enough to recognize that you have BHOLD installed.  I was prompted to either change, repair or remove.  I ended up removing and reinstalling.  But, the version after the install was the same as before.  5.0.3079.  That might have something to do with the install.  Anyway, I didn't see any option but to remove and re-install.  That's what I did and it worked fine.

Friday, November 27, 2015 10:04 PM