Standard vs. Professional working with Cisco ASA SSL VPN RRS feed

• Question

• I've been trying to get Proclarity 6.1 professional to work with our Cisco ASA SSL VPN with no luck.  Standard works like a champ but when running the same report with pro over the Cisco VPN it prompts for a username\password to connect to the DB server.  I have used every set of creds (local and domain) I can think of but it just keeps prompting.  Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009 8:44 PM

All replies

• Professional will prompt for a un/pw even though it cannot connect to SSAS.  In fact the SSAS server it's connecting to can be completely shut down and a login prompt will still appear.  Professional makes a direct connection to SSAS (TCP port 2373 by default for 2005) while standard makes a connection over 80 to the PAS server, then the SSAS port from the ProClarity server to SSAS.  A couple of options you could try would be to allow the SSAS port through the firewall for the VPN connections or port SSAS over 80 via msmdpump.dll.  You can run a packet trace on the SSAS server when Professional is trying to connect to verify the connection is working.

hth,
    Sean
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 7:35 PM