none
Do you want to re-establish the links? RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning, 

I get the following pop up box message on many of our projects upon opening the files.

"File name" contains linked information.

Do you want to re-establish the links?

-If you want to update the information by access the linked project or the linked program and file, click "Yes"

- If you do not want to update this information and you want to use the existing information instead, click "no".

I have no external links, but I do have internal copy / paste special / links.  I'm guessing that the links are corrupt, but I am hoping for a better answer.  Please advise.

Thanks, 

Sandy

Thursday, May 3, 2018 2:28 PM

All replies

• Sandy MPC --

The dialog you are seeing is as a result of the internal links you created within the project.  You will see the dialog every time you open the project.  I do not believe your project is corrupted, as you surmise.  Out of curiosity, why are you using pasted links within your project?  Please let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, May 3, 2018 4:31 PM
  • There is nothing wrong or corrupt with the links. Yes, it is the copy, paste special, links, and yes you do want to re-establish the links. They occasionally/usually need to be tickled to update too. The command for edit links is not on any of the ribbons, but if you right click on a ribbon you will be able to customise the ribbon and find and put the command on one of them.
    Thursday, May 3, 2018 10:01 PM
  • Dale, 

We have 5,000 plus small projects in PS 2016.  We have 200 plus people typing on the schedules.  Rather than properly resourcing our employees at the lowest activity level, we mimic the summary activities and resource that activity.  We do this because people delete activities from their schedules, not realizing they are deleting generic resource data.  

We have 114 schedule templates by $$ and scope.  Each template is generically resourced.  

Thanks, 

Sandy

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 3:25 PM