I can't find system information tool in windows 8.1 proffesional , I look in search but whithout results RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

I can't find  system information tool   and system toolbox in windows 8.1 professional . I type in search box system information but it gives me only the sytem tool and information about sytem information only.

thanks

johan

h.david

Monday, December 9, 2013 2:18 PM

Answers

• I type in search box system information but it gives me only the system tool and information about system information only.

Confirmed.   I suspect that the option to enable Administrator tools to show up in a search needs to be re-allowed but I can't find it any more.  It always was somewhat obscure... 

Wow.  Is this really WAD?  Win-W  Admin tools  only opens Administrative Tools in FE and System Information (msinfo32.exe) can be used from there.

Even stranger,  msinfo32  is only found using Everywhere?  Not in Files?  And I had to type that much, nothing less?

I can't remember if it was ever in Win-X but it isn't now.

FWIW I can still find  msinfo32.exe  via Run...  so I haven't missed this so far.  <eg>

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, December 9, 2013 3:07 PM
  • Navigate to C:\Windows\System32 folder and open msinfo32.exe

This will give you all the info you want.

Monday, December 9, 2013 3:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In the (Metro) start menu you open the properties from 'This PC' This will give you the Windows 7 -My Computer properties information screen.

Or in the start menu search for System or PC Info and open these.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

MCSE:Server Infrastructure, MCSE:Desktop Infrastructure, MCSA Server 2012, Citrix CCIA & CCEE, Cisco CCNA, VMware VCP 3/4/5 Twitter: @dnyvandam http://www.dannyvandam.net

Monday, December 9, 2013 2:36 PM
  • I type in search box system information but it gives me only the system tool and information about system information only.

Confirmed.   I suspect that the option to enable Administrator tools to show up in a search needs to be re-allowed but I can't find it any more.  It always was somewhat obscure... 

Wow.  Is this really WAD?  Win-W  Admin tools  only opens Administrative Tools in FE and System Information (msinfo32.exe) can be used from there.

Even stranger,  msinfo32  is only found using Everywhere?  Not in Files?  And I had to type that much, nothing less?

I can't remember if it was ever in Win-X but it isn't now.

FWIW I can still find  msinfo32.exe  via Run...  so I haven't missed this so far.  <eg>

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, December 9, 2013 3:07 PM
  • thanks

I mean system information , where you can see every information about your bios monitor, memory and ect. in properties of my pc is only advanced settings , computer name,device manager etc.

johan

h.david

Monday, December 9, 2013 3:09 PM
  • Navigate to C:\Windows\System32 folder and open msinfo32.exe

This will give you all the info you want.

Monday, December 9, 2013 3:17 PM
  • This does not work.

In my System32 folder there is no msinfo32 file, as an executable or in any other format.

Other ideas?

Thursday, March 23, 2017 1:46 AM
  • Try a program called "Search everything" it catalogs everything! Had same problem myself. "Search" isn't as powerful nor quick.
    Saturday, August 5, 2017 10:48 AM