none
Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException: Container exited unexpectedly with code 0xE0434352. RRS feed

  • Question

  • I get the error listed in the title off of my desktop system everytime I try to refresh my workbook queries.  These spreadsheets are built to use Powerquery to pull data directly from Salesforce Objects.

    The connection is made with no issues, but any refreshes (whether from an existing query or when creating a new one) or previews results in this error every time.  I also get the same issue with a brand new spreadsheet.

    However, running the same spreadsheets (or creating a new one) on my laptop I don't encounter any errors -- this laptop is running the same version of Excel and Powerquery.

    Any ideas out there?

    I've updated Powerquery to the latest version.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Powerquery (trying different versions).  Nothing has worked to this point.

    Wednesday, April 1, 2015 4:16 PM

Answers

  • Hi Rylandir,

    The fact that you're seeing an error code instead of a meaningful message is a recent regression that will be fixed in our next release.

    In the meantime, you might be able to find more detailed information about what's happening by looking in your computer's event log immediately after refreshing and triggering the error. If that doesn't tell you anything, you could try enabling tracing, repro'ing the error, and sending us a zip of the traces via a Frown.

    Ehren

    Tuesday, April 7, 2015 6:00 PM
    Owner

All replies

  • Hi Rylandir,

    The fact that you're seeing an error code instead of a meaningful message is a recent regression that will be fixed in our next release.

    In the meantime, you might be able to find more detailed information about what's happening by looking in your computer's event log immediately after refreshing and triggering the error. If that doesn't tell you anything, you could try enabling tracing, repro'ing the error, and sending us a zip of the traces via a Frown.

    Ehren

    Tuesday, April 7, 2015 6:00 PM
    Owner
  • Found the solution (sort of) ...

    I went to the local cache for Power query (something along the lines of C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power Query\Cache) and deleted all files found there.  Once I did that I went back into my existing spreadsheets and they are all now working again.

    I'm certain that if I spent more time, I could've simply found the 1 cached file that was causing my issue, but I'll accept the shotgun approach. :)

    Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:26 PM
  • Hey, I’ve tried to follow your advice but didn’t succeed. In my Microsoft folder there is no PowerQuery folder...
    Saturday, May 2, 2020 3:02 AM
  • Hi Saltanat. You can clear the cache from within PQ itself. Simply go to Options -> Global -> Data Load and click Clear Cache.

    Ehren

    Monday, May 4, 2020 5:06 PM
    Owner