Native resolution not an option RRS feed

• Question

• I recently bought a new 20" ViewSonic monitor and hooked it up to my laptop running the Windows 7 RC and it has an Intel G965 chipset. The monitor's native resolution according to the manual is 1600x900 but the maximum resolution I can get it to display at is 1440x900. I have tried installing a few different previous Intel display drivers and currently which didn't work. Right now I have the latest driver that downloads with the automatic update. I've seen that a lot of people have similar issues but I havn't yet found one with a solution that works for me. Anyone have any ideas or know what the problem is?
    Monday, May 18, 2009 3:07 PM

Answers

• perhaps it is Win7 problem, personally I have not had these issues but many others are with a variety of display cards and higher resolution displays and HDTVs. Lots of people have tried different drivers that worked previously on Vista with no luck. I have also heard of lots of multi-gpu troubles and SLI/Crossfire issues, I suspect that Microsoft may make us wait for either a second RC (which I don't think there is supposed to be any official one) or the final release of Win7 before giving us a solution to this..
    Monday, May 18, 2009 3:21 PM