none
Group Policy Object (folder redirect)

Question

• My "Documents" folder is being redirected through GPO to a network location on the server (typical).

The issue that I am having is that my "Documents" folder is being redirected to the WRONG network location. I am not sure how this can happen because I am not a member in that security that it is linked to.

How can I remove myself from this GPO? I am a domain admin on this network.

The Group Policy Management reads: \\server\home$\sales\users\%USERNAME%\My Documents. I am not in the "sales" department nor am I in any sales security group that is linked to this GPO.

Monday, September 19, 2016 6:57 PM

Answers

All replies

• check the Security Filtering properties, also check the ACL, look for Apply GPO permissions which are unexpected for your scenario.

Are you using 'Basic' or 'Advanced' ? https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn789199(v=ws.11).aspx#Anchor_1

Check gpresult/RSoP to see why it's happening.

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Monday, September 19, 2016 9:49 PM
  • Hi,
    As Don said, please run gpresult to get a report of group policy and see if the settings are configured correctly and if there is another GPO causing this problem.
    In addition, you could run whoami /groups command to verify what groups your account is member of and check if your account is added into specific groups by accident.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 6:38 AM
  • I did run gpresult /user <myname> /v

I found out that I am a member of that sales security group that is linked to that GPO which in turn is redirecting my "Documents" folder to the wrong location. That is funny because if I were to remote into the domain controller (Server 2012) and go into Active Directory Users & Computers I don't see were I am a member of the sales group. Under my name "Member of" the sale group isn't there.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 11:52 AM
  • > Computers I don't see were I am a member of the sales group. Under my

You know about nested groups? :-) Check each group you are a member of,
    if it in turn is a member of sales...

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:55 PM