Error while opening a dashboard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I have created a wpf user control and included that in the mpb file. After I import the mpb file, I see nothing in the selected dashboard view.

Whenever I open the dashboard, I see this error in the application log in event viewer.

The description for Event ID 0 from source Application cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information. : System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
       at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DeclaredAssemblyLoader.LoadModuleCatalogFromAssembly(IModuleCatalog bootstrapperCatalog, ModuleCatalog catalog, Assembly assembly)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DeclaredAssemblyLoader.CreateModuleCatalog(IEnumerable`1 assemblies)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DeclaredAssemblyLoader.LoadInternal(IEnumerable`1 assemblies)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DeclaredAssemblyLoader.Load(DeclaredAssembly assembly)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Components.ComponentRegistry.<>c__DisplayClass3e.<GetAssemblies>b__3c(DeclaredAssembly declaredAssembly)
       at System.Reactive.Linq.Observable.<>c__DisplayClass413`2.<>c__DisplayClass415.<Select>b__412(TSource x)

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

I could not understand what this error means. I just want to understand what does that error mean?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Harsha

• Edited by HarshaSNS Friday, November 4, 2016 6:15 AM
    Friday, November 4, 2016 6:14 AM

Answers

• This error seems to be with the unavailability of the referenced dlls. If we place the required dlls in \Install Path\Operations Manager\Console\, then this gets rectified.

Harsha

• Marked as answer by HarshaSNS Tuesday, May 2, 2017 9:21 AM
    Tuesday, May 2, 2017 9:20 AM

All replies

• I have diagnosed to some extent and I have found out that whenever I remove the usage of NLog in my project, the error is not seen.

Harsha

Monday, November 7, 2016 9:14 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for sharing .

PAUL

Wednesday, November 9, 2016 7:53 AM
  • I have further diagnosed this issue. Whenever I am including a chart component from Windows Data Visualization Toolkit, I am not able to see the dashboard. If I remove the chart component, then I am able to see all the controls.What can cause such an issue?

Harsha

Monday, November 21, 2016 9:42 AM
  • This error seems to be with the unavailability of the referenced dlls. If we place the required dlls in \Install Path\Operations Manager\Console\, then this gets rectified.

Harsha

• Marked as answer by HarshaSNS Tuesday, May 2, 2017 9:21 AM
    Tuesday, May 2, 2017 9:20 AM