none
How to update IE v11 from v8 automatically without domain admin account? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

My network environment is DC, I donot have a domain admin acc (our IT corp manages DC). But I want to update our client's IE to V11 from existing V8, I have a same local admin accounts on these client PC with Win 7 Pro SP1 (32-bit), so whether I can deploy IE V11 to all our client PCs automatically?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 9:42 AM

Answers

• Hi Huan,

Since you do not have the administrator account in domain, maybe you are not allowed to deploy Internet Explorer 11 via domain. You need to deploy Internet Explorer 11 in the client locally. If you want to deploy it automatically, you may need domain administrator account whatever SCCM,MDT,WSUS or other ways to realize it.

For deploy Internet Explorer 11 locally, you could use Remote Desktop to deploy each client to reduce the workload.

Hope that will be helpful to you.

Best Regards

Simon  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 26, 2015 6:50 AM