none
Incorrect calculation by Project Calendar for projects created with template RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a template for users. My system automatically creates a project from a sharepoint list using the EPT's that I have created in the system. I have not assigned any project calendar to the templates that I have assigned to EPTs. I have asked all the users to follow a certain procedure while editing projects which is-

1. Edit the start date 

2. Choose project calendars (we have projects being executed in different geographies)

3. Edit tasks in the template

4. Assign resources.

Now even after following this , the project does not recalculate the work for 1 day . To put things into perspective our work-hours per day in the calendar is 7 and not 8 which is standard.

So whenever I add a resource for a 1 day task, the work should be 7 hours and not 8 hours.

Important thing to note: I have set my Project Professional's setting as per my regional calendar. However, if I open a project from pwa and go to the options- schedule- I am surprised that the project professional shows the standard calendar start and end times and not the times that I have set(as per my 7 hour/day calendar).

Please suggest me the best practice in such case.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Pratik

Monday, February 19, 2018 12:58 PM