Error adding new user in Dashboard Studio RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Using the "Add Users and Groups" interface in Dashboard Studio, I get an error while adding one particular domain user. Other users are able to be added and there doesn't appear to be anything unique about the user who is unable to be added, as far as I can tell. The user is successfully added to the "Users and Groups" dialog, but when attempting to save out of this dialog after assigning user rights, the error message below appears.

I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience with particular users. Thank you for any information on this.

Error 5458
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.ArgumentException: Invalid userXml parameter.
       at ProClarity.Dashboard.BuilderService.AddUsers(String userXml)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
       at ProClarity.Dashboard.Builder.BuilderService.BuilderService.AddUsers(String userXml)
       at ProClarity.Dashboard.Builder.SecurityDialog.ApplyChanges()
       at ProClarity.Dashboard.Builder.SecurityDialog.btnOk_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Monday, March 9, 2009 6:13 PM

All replies

• Hello,

This is indeed an odd situation.  I'm assuming there must be something unique about this user what we just cannot see.  Could you possibly use a workaround by putting the user in a group and adding the group? 

-Joey
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 11:02 PM