Emails deleting once I move them into a sub-folder! Please help! RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone, 

I am currently experiencing an issue with my 2016 Outlook (work computer & work emails)

I receive a lot of emails for the business, and my duty is to action these emails. Once I action them I move the email into the designated sub-folder to keep the inbox tidy. 

However, once filed they completely disappear, with no record of them anywhere (even when I search for them in the search bar) 

It wasn't until I noticed that in my deleted items there is a tab that reads "Recover items recently removed from this folder" and lo and behold, when I click... there are all my emails I had been filing! 

How do I stop this from happening? 

Thank you kindly in advance. 

- DeltaCJ

Monday, February 5, 2018 12:14 AM

All replies

• I shall suggest you to kindly go through the following thread:

Remove "Recover items recently removed from this folder" hyperlink in the Deleted Items Folder

Recover deleted items in Outlook for Windows

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Monday, February 5, 2018 12:30 AM
  • Hi DeltaCJ,

Have you checked in OWA and see if the issue persists when moving the emails to a sub-folder?
    What's the build number of your Outlook?

If the issue only occurs to Outlook desktop client, please try running Outlook in safe mode (Press Win + R, type "outlook /safe", press Enter.) and check the result.

Please feel free to post back with any update.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 8:27 AM
  • Hi DeltaCJ,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. Is the problem resolved? If there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, February 16, 2018 7:37 AM