Issue in search while searching on QRServer:15100 RRS feed

• Question

• I am using FAST ESP 5.3 SP4 and using http://<RTS Node Server Name>:15100 interface for making the search. When I am searching by writing any query such as "investment" or string("investment", mode="simpleall") in search box, I am geeting below Error:

<RESULTPAGE>

<ERROR CODE="1201">packfql: Query Error: No default index</ERROR>

</RESULTPAGE>

But if I am passing the query in form of "fielded search" such as category:investment, i am able to see search results. I am not able to figure it out that why this is happening. It must work with the without fielded search also.

Thanks

Ashish

Ashish Gupta Click "Vote As Helpful"! if you think that post is helpful in responding your question click "Mark As Answer, if you think that this is your answer for your question.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 8:08 PM

Answers

• Ashish,
    It seems like you are not using default index profile.
    When you search without specifying the field , the search is done against the composite field.
    Could you check your index profile to ensure that you have the default composite field defined.

• Proposed as answer by Rob Va - MSFT Friday, November 15, 2013 9:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rob Va - MSFT Tuesday, December 31, 2013 4:46 PM
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 8:38 PM

All replies

• Ashish,
    It seems like you are not using default index profile.
    When you search without specifying the field , the search is done against the composite field.
    Could you check your index profile to ensure that you have the default composite field defined.

• Proposed as answer by Rob Va - MSFT Friday, November 15, 2013 9:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rob Va - MSFT Tuesday, December 31, 2013 4:46 PM
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 8:38 PM
  • Yes, my index profile is not the default one.  There is no composite field which is default, that's why I am not able to search without specifying the field name.

I think if I would make any composite field as default, after that I woulod be able to search without specifying the field name.

Thanks

Ashish

Ashish Gupta Click "Vote As Helpful"! if you think that post is helpful in responding your question click "Mark As Answer, if you think that this is your answer for your question.

Friday, October 11, 2013 8:03 PM
  • Ashish,
    Sure you can try one of the composite field default, and you can as well confirm from the querylogs after issuing a query if its searching against the composite field.
    Monday, October 14, 2013 6:18 PM