Visioneer 8900/8920 scanner drivers RRS feed

• Question

• Searching for a drive for Vista for above.  These scanners are no longer supported by Visioneer and I have been told a driver from the 9420 will work.  I have downloaded the driver but Vista is unalble to locate a driver that will work.   Anyone with any success in getting these scanners to work with Vista?  Also, have Paperport 11 installed.     Thanks

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 4:44 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thank you for your posting! I’ve carefully researched for it.

What you said is exactly right, Visioneer hasn’t issued the driver designed for Windows Vista.

As you know, Windows Vista apply itself to offer better experience for you. Because of the changes coming with Vista, some old devices may require updated driver designed for Windows Vista. These drivers can only be issued by the device manufacturers.

Therefore, I don’t think we can solidly solve the problem in Windows side. I highly recommend you to contact Visioneer for further support.

There are also some tips for you about your post:

1.    I totally understand the feeling of depression if an important device can’t run. However, I don’t recommend you to try installing 9420 as a replacement. It may cause potential problems in future.

Note: According to my research, you may find the tip about 9420 driver in MSDN forums. The poster may try to help, but an unofficial suggestion sometimes gets in the way.

2.    As I know, PaperPort 11 is an application designed for scanning documents. As it is produced by another manufacturer, I don’t think it may affect the driver installation.

Thank you again for sharing the comments and issue on using Vista.

I really hope the problem will be fixed soon!

Good luck!

Sincerely,

Lionel Chen

Thursday, November 8, 2007 10:02 AM