SCCM SP2 Management Pack RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have downloaded and installed the new Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 Management Pack (version 6.0.6000.2) , but I am having some issues with it's discoveries.  I am running the Operations Manager 2007 R2.  On the configuration manager server, I am running the x64 opsmgr agent on a 64-bit server running SCCM 2007 SP2.  This configuration should be supported as of OpsMgr R2 and SCCM SP2, but does not appear to be working correctly.  All of the ConfigMgr Client's appear to be discovering just fine (x64 and x64 OS).  Under Site State view, i get Healthly for "ConfigMgr Server" and "ConfigMgr 2007 Site" but "ConfigMgr Primary Site", "ConfigMGr 2007 Central Site Server Group Discovery" and "ConfigMgr 2007 Central Site" give me nothing (blank).  Also, I do not get any discoveries for any performance counters (none of the performance views have any data).  Also, I noticed when I do View Group Members for the "ConfigMgr 2007 Server Performance Group" all 7 objects have a health state of "Not Monitored" (Example: Microsoft.SystemCenter.ConfigurationManager.2007.Microsoft_SMSv4_Site_Database_Servers_Installation); I assume this is related to the performance counters not working.  Has anyone else had this issue?  Any thoughts?  Thanks!
    Monday, November 9, 2009 9:35 PM

Answers

• Make sure that you have read the guide and have enabled all of the discoveries that you require, and check the notes for QFE requirements.  If this is for Server 2008, you may also need to get to SP2 before this will work.

Microsoft Corporation
    • Marked as answer by bcehr Tuesday, November 17, 2009 7:35 PM
    Friday, November 13, 2009 3:58 PM

All replies

• Make sure that you have read the guide and have enabled all of the discoveries that you require, and check the notes for QFE requirements.  If this is for Server 2008, you may also need to get to SP2 before this will work.

Microsoft Corporation
    • Marked as answer by bcehr Tuesday, November 17, 2009 7:35 PM
    Friday, November 13, 2009 3:58 PM
  • Thanks for the reply Dan.  I had actually read the guide, but missed the part line about Performance Measures being disabled by default.  That solves all the performance view questions, and I assume the Performance group question.  Am I correct to assume that under Site State view, i get Healthly for "ConfigMgr Server" and "ConfigMgr 2007 Site" but "ConfigMgr Primary Site", "ConfigMGr 2007 Central Site Server Group Discovery" and "ConfigMgr 2007 Central Site"  are blank, is because I do not have any child sites?  (I just have one Primary, Central Site.).  Thx!
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 7:35 PM