DCA times out collecting advanced diagnostics RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have had several clients now, after a DirectAccess rollouts that are successful for a while, but for some reason fail.  When the end user runs the advanced diagnostics to gather the logs, that script apparently fails and logs a timed out message, "The log capture took a long time and timed out "  That is the only thing in the html page that accompanies the DCA.cab file sent to me.  Does anyone know why this wouldn't work?

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 2:18 PM

All replies

• I don't have an answer as to why the timeout happens, but I commonly have IT folks send me DCA log files that I review, and every once in a while I receive a log file that says this. In those cases, I simply reply to them asking for them to generate another log file, and the next copy always comes through fine. Obviously it seems to be a timing thing, but typically you can just generate the logs again and get the info you're looking for.
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 1:56 PM
  • this had a bunch of views... I'll bet many people have this problem... my issue is when it happens and someone sends the file... I often don't review it until after they are working at corporate again rather than home... it's the 2-3 days it takes to collect one that is the issue.  The reason it doesn't work s often the same reason DA is not working... someting in the Windows 7 internals is WONKY
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:21 PM