none
All conference callers forced wait in lobby RRS feed

• Question

• We are having a problem with conferencing. When a user creates a Lync/Skype meeting, and sets the "these people don't have to wait in the lobby" setting to Anyone (no restrictions), all callers still have to wait in the lobby until the leader joins with their PIN.

This is new.  For years this worked so that callers could go straight in to a call without the leader.  Now suddenly it has changed and the users have to wait in the lobby no matter what settings are used in the Meeting Options.

Ideas?

Monday, October 26, 2015 7:02 PM

Answers

• "We have never had to have any user enter a PIN as leader before starting the conference until recently.  If it has always been that way, why are the meeting options available to set who can bypass the lobby?"

They can bypass the lobby, meaning you don't have to manually let them in like you would someone joining with the full client, but the conference still isn't started until at least one authenticated caller joins. 

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 1:55 AM

All replies

• That's by design as far as I'm aware.  It's to avoid conference fraud.  You need at least one person to authenticate to the conference before the callers can hear each other. I'm not sure of a workaround.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, October 26, 2015 7:46 PM
  • I know for a fact that it used to work.  It is only recently that the behavior changed.
    Monday, October 26, 2015 8:04 PM
  • Hi AllenF34,

The workaround is to update the meeting option twice.

1. Double click the existing meeting in Outlook Calendar. Click “Meeting Options” and then select “My dedicated meeting space”.  Apply the changes and send the update mail.

2. Re-open the meeting in Outlook Calendar. Click “Meeting Options” and then change the meeting options to fit your meeting requirements. Apply the changes and send the update mail.

Rejoin the meeting and You’ll find the changes have been taken effect, anyone who has access to the meeting link gets in to the meeting directly.

Best regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 8:11 AM
  • I still get the message:  "The leader has not yet joined the meeting. Please wait for the leader to admit you to the meeting."
    Wednesday, October 28, 2015 3:21 PM
  • The design is that a leader has to join the call before anyone can talk.  A leader is defined usually as anyone who can authenticate.  Per:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398524%28v=ocs.15%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 "Anonymous users are not admitted to the conference until at least one leader or authenticated user has joined, and they cannot be assigned a predefined role."

And that's the way it's always been in my experience. 

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 8:34 PM
  • The design is that a leader has to join the call before anyone can talk.  A leader is defined usually as anyone who can authenticate.  Per:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398524%28v=ocs.15%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 "Anonymous users are not admitted to the conference until at least one leader or authenticated user has joined, and they cannot be assigned a predefined role."

And that's the way it's always been in my experience. 

We have never had to have any user enter a PIN as leader before starting the conference until recently.  If it has always been that way, why are the meeting options available to set who can bypass the lobby?
    Monday, November 2, 2015 1:10 PM
  • Hi,

do you have multiple meeting configuration policies?

There you can change that anonymous users to admit automatically.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Monday, November 2, 2015 1:23 PM
  • Hi,

do you have multiple meeting configuration policies?

There you can change that anonymous users to admit automatically.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

We just have the default Global, and it is set to allow anonymous users to admit automatically.
    Monday, November 2, 2015 2:08 PM
  • What if you run Get-csmeetingconfiguration

Is adminanonymoususersbydefault set to true as well?

• Edited by Off2work Monday, November 2, 2015 2:45 PM Edit
    Monday, November 2, 2015 2:44 PM
  • What if you run Get-csmeetingconfiguration

Is adminanonymoususersbydefault set to true as well?

Get-CsMeetingConfiguration - AdminAnonymousUsersByDefault is set to True

Get=-CsConferencingPolicy - AllowAnonymousParticipantsInMeetings is set to True

Monday, November 2, 2015 3:10 PM
  • "We have never had to have any user enter a PIN as leader before starting the conference until recently.  If it has always been that way, why are the meeting options available to set who can bypass the lobby?"

They can bypass the lobby, meaning you don't have to manually let them in like you would someone joining with the full client, but the conference still isn't started until at least one authenticated caller joins. 

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 1:55 AM
  • I know this is kind of an old thread, but at least for SFB Server 2015, this is a simple Powershell command to allow for PSTN folks to dial into a meeting without an authenticated user dialing in first.

I wanted to add this edit as this is the first hit doing a search and may lead admins to an incorrect answer.

The command you're looking for is:

Set-CsDialInConferencingConfiguration -Identity < global or site:sitename> -AllowAnonymousPstnActivation $True

As referenced here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/manage/conferencing/pin-less-meeting-join

Monday, March 11, 2019 9:02 PM