SFB 2019 Cant login/netwerk error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am already busy for a few days figuring out a problem with my new test environment. This deployment is a single server deployment with certificates form Let's Encrypt because it is just a test deployment. The server does work when I install the internal certificate and install it on the client but the connectivity analyzer obviously fails.

I currently have wildcard certificates installed which should be supported. When I try to connect with a SFB client it keeps trying to connect. In the meanwhile it is using a couple of MBs of bandwidth from the server (which I think is pretty weird).

The connectivity analyzer throws the following error:

I cant figure out the details from this error.

Does someone know what else I can try to make the installation work? Is it the wildcard certificate that is causing this?

Saturday, February 23, 2019 11:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This occour over the internet when you replace the internal certificate with public certificate, right?

Please, check at www.digicert.com/help your public certificate;

After replace certificate, have you checked the event viewer?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/plan-your-deployment/requirements-for-your-environment/environmental-requirements#Certs

http://blog.schertz.name/2011/02/wildcard-certificates-in-lync-server/ check the Wildcard support topic

“Vote As Helpful” and/or “Mark As Answered” - MCSA - MCSE - http://www.ucsteps.com/

Saturday, February 23, 2019 12:18 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I've checked the wildcard certificates with the Digicert tool and they are valid.

It looks that I need to add interinal domain names to the certificate. I cant figure out how to do this with a Let's Encrypt certificate. The same wildcard certificate is assigend to all the options in the certificate wizard.

Thanks in advance

Sunday, February 24, 2019 2:42 PM
  • Hi 12youri12,

Please do not use wildcard certificates in the SFB Servers. According to the official document, it is not supported to use wildcard certificates. If possible, please replace the certificate. Details about this you could refer to the official document: Environmental requirements for Skype for Business Server 2015. It is similar to the SFB Server 2019. 

In addition, please check whether there’re any Event Errors in your environment. You could also use Fiddler to check the process when you are logging the SFB client,  

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Tuesday, February 26, 2019 8:11 AM
    Monday, February 25, 2019 9:18 AM
  • Hi 12youri12,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 7:17 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for my late respond, I curently struggeling to find some time for the project...

I still need to try it out with a couple of regular Let's encrypt certificates but I am afraid that I also can't combine them in a single PFX. 

Too bad that a wildcard is not supported. But I did not find any errors in the Logfiles.

I will try it out as soon as possible when I find some time.

Thanks,

Youri

Thursday, February 28, 2019 9:04 PM
  • Hi Youri,

Fine, if there’s any update about this issue, please kindly let us know.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Friday, March 1, 2019 9:39 AM
  • Hi Youri,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?
    If there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 5:59 AM