none
Error when accessing PWA Site. RRS feed

Answers

• Yes, you need to have web application created first. While creating the web application use temporary content database like wss_content_temp, which can be removed once web app is created.

Restore 5 databases in   SQL server used by 2013 farm and assign appreciate SQL security permissions.

You need to use separate farm and if  planning to use same SQL server (not a good idea though, for testing its ok),  backup and restore 5 databases with different name.

Yes need to create Project Service application which will be utilized during last phase of the process to provision PWA site using consolidated Project Service database

You should be follow step by step process using following link

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg502590.aspx

Hope this helps

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by mistajokka Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:29 PM
    Thursday, February 7, 2013 6:51 AM

All replies

• Could you please provide more details about this issue. Where do you get this error, are you using any custom solution etc.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, February 7, 2013 4:30 AM
  • I started over. Now I am having errors consolidating my Project Server 2010 databases. I made another thread.
    Thursday, February 7, 2013 5:17 AM
  • When you upgrade from Project Server 2010 to 2013, on the destination SharePoint server where SharePoint 2013 and Project Server 2013 are installed, should you already have a web application for the Project Server site created and how about the Project Server Application Service + Proxy? Each of them require you to specify a database name.

I am bringing over 5 databases, 4 for Project Server (Archive, Draft, Published, Reporting) and the main content database that has the Project Server 2010 content (WSS_Content).

I just do not understand how you are supposed to have an existing environment with the exact same database names already there and you try to migrate in databases with the same names?

Let's say I bring over these from 2010:

PM_Archive
    PM_Draft
    PM_Published
    PM_Reporting
    PM_WSS_Content

If this requires a Project Server web application to be created already, along with a Project Server Service Application + Proxy, should I just use dummy DB names since those ones aren't going to be used anyway since 1) I am migrating the PM_WSS_Content and 2) Consolidating the four PM databases into one ??

Thursday, February 7, 2013 5:25 AM
  • Yes, you need to have web application created first. While creating the web application use temporary content database like wss_content_temp, which can be removed once web app is created.

Restore 5 databases in   SQL server used by 2013 farm and assign appreciate SQL security permissions.

You need to use separate farm and if  planning to use same SQL server (not a good idea though, for testing its ok),  backup and restore 5 databases with different name.

Yes need to create Project Service application which will be utilized during last phase of the process to provision PWA site using consolidated Project Service database

Hope this helps

Blog | < | LinkedIn

• Marked as answer by mistajokka Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:29 PM
    Thursday, February 7, 2013 6:51 AM

Hope this helps

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Thank you.

Should the Project Service Application be created before I get to the Project Server Database Consolidation step or when I get to that step? After?

Thursday, February 7, 2013 6:40 PM
  • Creating Project Service Application takes less than a minute, so I would create before I begin the process.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Thursday, February 7, 2013 7:15 PM
  • How did it go?

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Friday, February 8, 2013 8:08 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

It looks like it went well. The existing PWA service app that was in there before had a problem with it. It looks like recreating it and then running the PoSh cmdlet to attach the DB to a new instance worked pretty good. Thanks for your help!

Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:30 PM
  • Hi Michael,

Good to know you are all set, always happy to help, you are more than welcome.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Monday, February 11, 2013 2:18 AM