PC No Longer Detects Second Monitor (HDTV) RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using a large, HD TV as a second monitor on my HP All-In-One PC for a year. A couple of days ago when I rebooted it, it no longer recognized/detected the TV/monitor. I've checked all cables, even changed the HDMI port it was connected to but nothing changed. I tried Control Panel and  the MS Function + P and while I was able to tell it to use an expanded screen, it doesn't "see" the monitor. It also seems as though the PC no longer "sees" the HDMI-to-USB converter because disconnecting and reconnecting it does nothing.

I've checked for updates of the graphics drivers and every other one I thought might have an affect. Nothing.

Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks.

xavierw2

Sunday, March 4, 2018 9:41 PM

All replies

• This is not a Windows problem!!

None of what you post about is inherent to Windows 7!!

You will have to discuss this with the manufacturer of the HARDWARE HDMI-to-USB converter or the manufacturer HARDWARE video adapter!!

Sunday, March 4, 2018 10:59 PM
  • Hi,

What have you done recently before your computer can't recognize it? Like an update or hardware change?

Here are some steps that you can try:

1.Use the current HDMI cable to another machine, seeing if it is damaged. If it can't be used on other machine, the cable may be reason.

2.The HDMI port on your machine may be damaged.

3.If your machine has a DVI port, change it to use DVI.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 6:46 AM
  • Hi,

If you have any problems, please feel free to contact me.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 1:56 AM