none
Resource Capacity Settings - 1 Month behind? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, can someone explain the Resource Capacity Settings aspect of the Month behind setting?   If I have it set to 1 month only what does it show and what does it Not show?  If I have a resource which started in Jan 2016 will their capacity still show at 100% for Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun and into the future or will it only show 100% from June onwards ie from one month ago?

Thanks

Steve

• Edited by Stev Scott42 Thursday, July 21, 2016 4:36 PM clarification
    Thursday, July 21, 2016 4:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

This setting is use to calculate the capacity of the resource pool. Meaning it will not show that the resource has no availability before the month before, it will just not calculate the capacity of the resources. This is use for example in the resource center, capacity planning graphs. Those data require lots of calculation from the application, so it has to be limited. 

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, July 22, 2016 8:14 AM
  • Hi Steve,

If you are dealing with PWA database for resource capacity, then you might need to change this value only. If you read it's description "Set the range of data to maintain for reporting on resource capacity." it says it's for reporting only. Which means that the built-in View of PWA database will increase or decrease as per settings. BTW it has no effect on Resource Center views.

Hope this helps.

IN
    Thanks, Kashif

Sunday, July 24, 2016 2:21 PM
  • Hi Steve, Guillaume,

My client wants to be able to look more than 36 months ahead (5yr maintenance order). Do you know what could be the solution for this?

Rgds

Sander

Monday, July 30, 2018 10:28 AM
  • Hi Sander,

The max upper limit being 36 months, your solution would be to have custom reports calculating the capacity by itself on a given horizon (60 months), not using capacity provided by Project.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Monday, July 30, 2018 10:34 AM
  • Clear.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Monday, July 30, 2018 10:37 AM