none
Tracking Resource Hours RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to figure out how to report resource hours for personnel without impacting Start / Finish Dates. I want to:

1) Setup a Start date of 10/1/15 with an end date of 10/30/15 for a given task.

2) Assign a resource to the task with a plan to spend 16 hrs during the month period.

3) Be able to report hours for the resource.

Everything I have tied results in impacting either the date range for the tasks or the total hours allocated to the individual...

Thanks in advance...

BrucePage

Thursday, November 5, 2015 4:37 PM

Answers

• Create a 22 Day task.  Split the screen (View ribbon - Split View group) and show the Task Form in the lower pane.  Make the task Fixed Duration and click OK.  Assign the resource (select from the list in the Task Form) - enter 16 hours of work.  Click OK to create the assignment.  The ressource will be scheduled for .73 hours of work per day. 

I hope this helps.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 4:46 PM

All replies

• Create a 22 Day task.  Split the screen (View ribbon - Split View group) and show the Task Form in the lower pane.  Make the task Fixed Duration and click OK.  Assign the resource (select from the list in the Task Form) - enter 16 hours of work.  Click OK to create the assignment.  The ressource will be scheduled for .73 hours of work per day. 

I hope this helps.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 4:46 PM
  • Thank you I will give this a try!

Thursday, November 5, 2015 6:27 PM
  • It Worked!!!! Thank you very much!

Thursday, November 5, 2015 7:15 PM
  • You're very welcome Bruce.  Glad to help and thanks for the feedback.
    Friday, November 6, 2015 12:40 AM