none
Backup Single Exchange 2010 Database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Have a single Exchange 2010 server with single database. When I go to protect with DPM 2010 I get error message

The selected datasource(s) cannot be configured for copy backup because it is either a standalone mailbox db or a dr replica (ID: 32528)

The Full button is greyed out.

Thanks in advance

• Moved by MarcReynolds Wednesday, September 14, 2011 7:47 PM (From:Data Protection Manager)
    Monday, September 12, 2011 12:36 PM

Answers

• Figured it out. There are two columns, on the left is the "Database copies selected for Full Backup", on the right is the "Database copies selected for Copy Backup". If we see the Full button is grayed out, it's because the database it's already selected as "for Full Backup" and the "Next" button is highlighted and is ready to go to next step.
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 3:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

this error code is shown at the protection group creation ?

You should keep the backup option for this database to full and not copy backup.

Full backups truncate the logs where copy doesn't do that operation.

Monday, September 12, 2011 12:46 PM
  • Hi, anyone has  updated solution for this? I have the same problem. As indicated by tango2310, the "Full" button is grayed out, one can only select Copy, then you got the error says "the selected datasourse cannot be configured for copy backup because it is either a standalone mailbox DB or a DR replica (ID 32528), now we are stuck, unable to continue to create the protection group.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 10:34 PM
  • Figured it out. There are two columns, on the left is the "Database copies selected for Full Backup", on the right is the "Database copies selected for Copy Backup". If we see the Full button is grayed out, it's because the database it's already selected as "for Full Backup" and the "Next" button is highlighted and is ready to go to next step.
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 3:40 PM