Windows Vista Update - 800B0100 Error Code RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir,

I have a Toshiba notebook, with Windows Vista Home Premium and I'm trying to download some security updates but always I receive an error message and the updates are not downloaded.

Code 800B0100 - Windows Update encountered an unknown error !!!!

Could you have an idea to solve this problem ?

Thanks in Advance,

Marcelo
    Monday, February 2, 2009 9:37 PM

Answers

• See: "Error message when you try to use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates: "0x800B0100""

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956702

Meanwhile, for information about Security updates, visit the Microsoft Virus Solution and Security Center for resources and tools to keep your PC safe and healthy. If you are having issues with installing the update itself, visit Support for Microsoft Update for resources and tools to keep your PC updated with the latest updates.

[If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Vincenzo Di Russo - Microsoft MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security - Since 2003
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 5:52 AM

All replies

• See: "Error message when you try to use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates: "0x800B0100""

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956702

Meanwhile, for information about Security updates, visit the Microsoft Virus Solution and Security Center for resources and tools to keep your PC safe and healthy. If you are having issues with installing the update itself, visit Support for Microsoft Update for resources and tools to keep your PC updated with the latest updates.

[If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Vincenzo Di Russo - Microsoft MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security - Since 2003
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 5:52 AM
  • Dear Vincenzo,

Thanks for your help !

I'll try your directions and back to you with the results.

Marcelo.Fior

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 8:49 PM