App-V 5 SP2 install issue with Intel NIC Driver 11.16.96.0 RRS feed

• Question

• When deploying App-V 5 SP2 using SCCM 2007 it will install with no problem on the machine.  However, when the user reboots after the install the machine will blue screen.  The user then reboots again and machine comes up to the desktop.  However, the App-V service is not running and is still set to automatic.

Looking at the Blue Screen dmp file the common theme looks to be a conflict with an Intel NIC driver version 11.16.96.0.  Machines running an older version of the driver do not experience the issue with the blue screen after reboot and the App-V service starts with no issues.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

Saturday, August 9, 2014 9:49 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Obvious choice would be to;

1. Use the older driver

2. Report the issue to Intel

3. Verify if there is anything in the release notes of the newer releases (traversing all of them is of course a bore, but just checking the latest would perhaps not be suffice if you truely want to find out all that is fixed in them)

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Monday, August 11, 2014 8:43 PM

All replies

• Hello,

If you use a newer version of the driver, does that resolve the issue aswell?

As far as I know, BSODs have been rare

Saturday, August 9, 2014 10:29 PM
  • I believe that is the latest driver we have installed on two dekstop models and two laptop models.  If we use an older version of the driver we do not see the Blue Screen issue.
    Sunday, August 10, 2014 3:59 AM
  • Version 19 appears to be the latest: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=18713&lang=eng&ProdId=3025

Have you tested with this version instead?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Monday, August 11, 2014 12:30 AM
  • Did not know that.  Thanks for the link.  We will try this tomorrow.
    Monday, August 11, 2014 2:30 AM
  • Hello,

Obvious choice would be to;

1. Use the older driver

2. Report the issue to Intel

3. Verify if there is anything in the release notes of the newer releases (traversing all of them is of course a bore, but just checking the latest would perhaps not be suffice if you truely want to find out all that is fixed in them)

Monday, August 11, 2014 8:43 PM