none
Writeback with currency conversion ? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Does anyone know what support is provided in SSAS 2005 on currency conversion based cube updates ?

I have put together a simple example on the AdventureWorksDW DB.

In my DSV, I have DimTime, DimCurrency and DimCustomer as dimension tables plus FactCurrencyRate and FactInternetSales as fact tables.

I then create a simple sample cube based on these 5 tables.

I now have my [CurrencyTest] cube made of 2 measure groups : "Fact Currency Rate" and "Fact Internet Sales".

I have setup the [Dim Currency] dimension to be typed as CURRENCY, the measure group "Fact Currency Rate" as Exchange Rate and added Currency Conversion BI to the cube (on-to-many relationship).

It all works fine as far as reporting is concerned. Changing currency works fine.

Now, I write-enable the Fact  Internet Sales measure group.

Updating the cube with no restriction on the "Reporting Currency" dimension works fine.

Now, when I try to perform an UPDATE CUBE mdx statement on a specific currency (on the [Reporting Currency] dimension ), I don't get any error. Though, the value is not modified at all (even afetr commit)

Maybe I should rather use a many-to-many type relationship with the curreny dimension...

Any suggestion on this ?

thx & rgds,

Francois

Friday, January 20, 2006 11:40 AM