All My Programs Are Missing RRS feed

• Question

• When I click on the start button, the regular things such as my most recently used applications, my documents, games and all that appear, but when I click on all programs it is completely blank. I believe I may have been the cause of this by upgrading an early beta version to the RC that was not supposed to be upgraded. I didn't want to have to reinstall my applications, so I used a workaround I read about online in a tech blog. Anyway, this is one of the two consequences that I think came from that. So, when I go to "All Programs" no programs appear. Is there any way to rebuild the list? Is there any place to find the list and bring it back to where it will show up again? The programs do exist and are installed. They are just not showing up. For instance, if I type the first few letters of their names, they show up in search results and I can run them. If they are on my desktop in shortcuts I can run them, but so few are because I like uncluttered desktops. I could always go to all the effort to find their launch programs on the hard drive, make a new folder on my desktop and then one by one drop shortcuts to the programs into the folder, but I'd really like all my programs to be under the start button when I click "All Programs." I don't want to reformat my hard drive and reinstall Windows 7 along with my applictions. Can anyone give me a simple walkthrough of how to get all my programs to show up under "All Programs" again? If so, I promise to name my next child after you as long as you don't have a stupid name....
    Friday, May 8, 2009 9:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please unmark as answer so i can delete ...Thank You
    • Marked as answer by Tim Quan Thursday, May 14, 2009 3:51 AM
    • Edited by Java_az Friday, May 15, 2009 12:29 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Tim Quan Monday, May 18, 2009 2:11 AM
    Friday, May 8, 2009 10:46 PM
  • I'm experiencing the same issue but i upgraded a Vista 32 bit Ultimate to RC1.  All of my programs are listed in the right place C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu.  What was the solution?  
    Friday, May 15, 2009 12:16 PM
  • Me.  I'm experiencing the same issue.  I upgraded a Vista 32 bit to RC1 Ultimate yesterday.  None of my programs are shown in "All Programs" under the start menu.  What was the solution?  
    Saturday, May 16, 2009 2:41 PM
  • Here's a walkthrough fix that should help you all out
    • Proposed as answer by Nick FV Wednesday, June 17, 2009 7:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Nick FV Wednesday, June 17, 2009 7:13 PM
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 3:31 AM
    Answerer
  • Did that walkthrough help anyone?
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 1:39 AM
    Answerer