Bluetooth headset turns off after 30 minutes with skype meeting APP RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My bluetooth headset turns off after 30 minutes when i'm using the skype meeting APP on windows 10. It looks like Skype does not send the information that a flow is running...

Does anyone has an Idea on how to fix this issue?

Thanks for your help

/Renaud

Friday, January 17, 2020 5:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Renaud!

Does this issue persist all the time?

Can you hear and speak normally before your bluetooth headset turn off?

First, we recommend you check your audio settings. Click tools->options. In Audio Device, check if you Bluetooth headset is selected in your settings

If you don’t see your device in the list, ensure that it’s connected directly to your computer. For help with fixing audio and sound problems, try the audio troubleshooter, which can often fix audio problems automatically.

For more details about setting Audio device options in Skype for Business, please refer to:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/set-audio-device-options-in-skype-for-business-2533d929-9814-4349-8ae4-fca29246e2ff

Besides, you can also try to clean the client cache and update the client version to the newest to see if this issue still persist.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Monday, January 20, 2020 9:09 AM
  • Hi Jimmy,

first of all thanks for your reply ;)

Yes this issue persists all the time, but only with skype and teams (not if i'm playing youtube video for example), , and yes, i can hear and speak normally

Nota: I'm using the web version of skype, since i dont have the skype for business windows client

You talked about cleaning the client cache, how can i do this?

/BR

Renaud

Monday, January 20, 2020 9:35 AM
  • Hi renaudcompoarat!

Have you tried using other audio equipment to join the meeting in Skype Meeting App?

Does the same problem occur with other audio devices(like wired headset etc.)?

We also recommend you try to join the meeting in Skype for Business client to see if this issue still persist.

If you want to know how to clean Skype for Business client cache, here is a link for your reference:

https://kb.intermedia.net/Article/3238

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Thursday, January 23, 2020 2:01 PM
  • Hi,
    Is there any update on this case?
    Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.
    Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 1:04 AM
  • Hi Jimmy,

sorry for late reply..

So, everything is OK with a cable Headset; i don't have the skype for business client because my office 365 licence does not give me the right to download this app (i have a personnal licence) but maybe you know a way to get it anyway?

I have tried to clean the cache but the directories mentionned in the procedure don't exist on my computer (maybe because i don't have the skype for business client?)

Thanks a lot for your help

Tuesday, February 4, 2020 7:49 AM
  • Hi renaudcomparat!

Thanks for your response!

If you don't see the Skype for Business download in your portal, make sure the Office 365 for Business plan you purchased includes it. Also, ask the person in your business who purchased it whether they assigned a license to you. For more details about install Skype for Business with Office 365, you can refer to the following link:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/install-skype-for-business-8a0d4da8-9d58-44f9-9759-5c8f340cb3fb

At present, Microsoft provides these plans for your purchase:O365 Business Essentials, O365 Business Premium, Microsoft 365 Business. For more details, please refer to:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/business

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 8:21 AM
  • Hi Jimmy,

FYI i have completely re-installed my computer: the pb disapeared :)

We'll never know from here it came, but at least now it works 

Thanks a lot for your support

BR

Renaud

Sunday, February 9, 2020 7:05 AM
  • Hi,
    I am checking the status of this case. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.
    Meanwhile, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer to close the thread, it will help others who encounter the same issue and read this thread.
    Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Monday, February 10, 2020 1:34 AM