Cannot install I-Tunes RRS feed

• Question

• Im running Windows 7 (64bit) and I cannot install I-Tunes 64bit. I keep getting the same error messege iTunes.exe - Entry Point not found. I had it installed before on Vista ... I have spent countless hours on the phone with Apple level 2 support..with no solution ...Please help....Thanks
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 3:59 AM

Answers

• Based on my research, there are multiple discussions on Apple. You can visit the following website:

iTunes.exe - Entry Point Not Found

In my opinion, I would like to propose the following suggestions as well.

1. Since you managed to install iTunes 64bit on Windows Vista, let's try to install in Windows Vista Compatibility mode. 

1) Right click on the exe file for driver and click Properties.
    2) Click on the Compatibility tab.
    3) Select “Run this program in compatibility mode for.”
    4) Choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3)/Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) from the drop down list.
    5) Select “Run this program as an administrator” option under the Privilege Level topic.
    6) Click Apply, click OK.
    7) Please double click on the exe file again.

2.  Try to install 32bit iTunes on 64bit Windows 7. Windows 7 64bit supports both 32bit and 64bit applications.

Best Regards
    Dale

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Wednesday, March 17, 2010 1:25 AM
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:08 AM

All replies

• Based on my research, there are multiple discussions on Apple. You can visit the following website:

iTunes.exe - Entry Point Not Found

In my opinion, I would like to propose the following suggestions as well.

1. Since you managed to install iTunes 64bit on Windows Vista, let's try to install in Windows Vista Compatibility mode. 

1) Right click on the exe file for driver and click Properties.
    2) Click on the Compatibility tab.
    3) Select “Run this program in compatibility mode for.”
    4) Choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3)/Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) from the drop down list.
    5) Select “Run this program as an administrator” option under the Privilege Level topic.
    6) Click Apply, click OK.
    7) Please double click on the exe file again.

2.  Try to install 32bit iTunes on 64bit Windows 7. Windows 7 64bit supports both 32bit and 64bit applications.

Best Regards
    Dale

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Wednesday, March 17, 2010 1:25 AM
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:08 AM
  • Dale; I went with your first option and it worked!! Thank You !!!! I have spent countless hrs on the phone with support from Apple and HP with no solutions.... The fix was easy...Thanks You!!!!
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 2:00 PM