IPP Printing in Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have got windows xp(32 bit) as a Print server, which is connected to internet.Two of my internet clients having windows 7(64 bit) & windows vista(32 bit) can't connect to the Print Server to perform internet printing. The Print Server is having canon ir2200-3300 printer attached to it.XP clients can perform internet printing but vista and Win 7 clients can't connect to IPP. Error Message "Printer Installation failed, Printer name is invalid". Plz help me out of this situation

Saturday, July 17, 2010 9:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please disable the firewall and other security software from Windows XP and see if the issue occurs. Also, install the printer drivers for Windows 7 and Windows Vista on the printer server.

If the issue persists, could you please let us know the Internet Information Service (IIS) settings? Is it set to anonymous validation?

Also, you can refer to this document for more information: Printing Effectively with Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) 1.0

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, July 23, 2010 1:44 AM
    Monday, July 19, 2010 8:31 AM