Microsoft Word 2013 Bullet and Numbering Point Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Currently I'm getting an error with bullet points and numbering. It's a random events but annoying.

What occurs is that when i push the bullet points or numbering button no bullet point/number is visible until I type. It's also tabbed in about 3 moves.

Attached are images showing what occurs.

(sorry image couldn't be posted until account is verified, will add once it works but the context should be clear enough).

As you can see the bullet point is out at around the 6 cm mark. The second bullet point won't even appear until something is typed.

An annoying bypass (which i don't want to use) is type one of the points out first, highlight it then push the bullet/numbering button which will take on the format properties of the highlighted text.

Any solutions to fix this?

(note: only randomly occurs in some documents, not all by default. It generally works and after enough bullet points and/or images, headings etc - it breaks).

Saturday, June 22, 2013 9:02 AM

All replies

• Which version of Word are you using?

Do the documents where the issue occurs have anything in common? For example, are they based on the same template?

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Sunday, June 23, 2013 5:28 PM