Linked Mailbox Queries RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team

In my test Environment , I have two different domains say for abc.com and xyz.com . Both are trusted and able to send and receive the emails with each other.

i created the new linked mailbox succesfully . linked mailbox created in XYZ.com called LINK@xyz.com and gave the access to one the user on abc.com .(user Name :usr1)

when i open the owa using usr1 and try to open the other mailbox "LINK". it saying

"No mailbox Found . The mailbox that you specified could boy be found.Close the Dialog box and try to find the mailbox again . Maike sure that you typed only one name in the box"

How can i open the linked mailbox from abc.com ? also

if some other user from abc.com wants the linked mailbox access  means how can i do that

please help

ramakrishnan
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 8:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You need to start OWA using the CAS server on the xyz domain (and use your abc credentials when logging on).

You would need to give them access to the mailbox and then use the same method as described above.

Leif

Saturday, October 8, 2011 10:35 AM
  • Excellant Leif

Now am able to open LINK mailbox from ABC.com via OWA

Two Things

How can i access the LINK mailbox via outlook from ABC.com

How can i give the full mailbox access to another user (usr2) for accessing the same LINK mailbox?

ramakrishnan
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 3:36 PM
  • Hi,

If you configure Outlook manually to point to the cas server it should function as well.

Not sure if you can five a user access to a mailbox in this organization without the user having a mailbox in the org, but you can try to dminister full mailbox access from the EMC

Leif

Saturday, October 8, 2011 4:33 PM
  • Thanks leif.

you mean, Adding the users (abc.com) from link mailbox Security tab from DSA.msc

how ever am checking this.

ramakrishnan
    Monday, October 10, 2011 12:51 PM