none
SCCM and Microsoft Azure Backup Server RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running SCCM 2016 (v5.0.158.0) on premises with azure backup agent version 2.0.9118.0. I'm backing up SQL databases and replicating to Azure recovery services vault.

I have second VM in Azure running Microsoft Azure Backup Server (v12.0.332.0) and azure backup agent version 2.0.9118.0. I want to be able to restore from recovery services vault using MABS so I'm trying to add on prem server protected contents to MABS using "Add External DPM" function, but every time it fails with this error message:

I think what I'm trying to do is supported, can anyone confirm? If so, any idea why MABS is not able to access the recovery services vault data?

Shaun

• Edited by Shaunm001 Monday, April 9, 2018 3:00 PM
    Monday, April 9, 2018 2:41 PM

Answers

• Housekeeping - closing old post.

We only support recovering backups from the Azure recovery service vault using the same product that wrote them.

So basically:

MARS <--> MARS
    DPM <--> DPM
    MABS <--> MABS

So in your case just install a MARS agent on another server to perform the recovery should the original server have problems.

Regards
    Mike Jacquet

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 10:48 PM