none
2010 - WSS Site Creation Failed RRS feed

• Question

• Suddenly, in my project server 2010 environment site creation fails.  When I create a new project and publish - from the web - the publish succeeds, but then when I try to browse to the associated team site, it tells me "no site has been configured."

This functionality has been working from day 1.

When I go to Project Sites, and I try to create a site, I get a pop-up telling me the site already exists!

Also, site provisioning settings are set correctly - auto create sites.

When I try to browse to the site, I get a SharePoint access denied.  So the site is there, but the two products appear to be failing to communicate.

One the errors I found was related to Interop.  Is it possible that a content db corruption or some other sharepoint admin activity could cause this?

Any ideas?

Friday, September 24, 2010 10:22 AM

Answers

• Try to check the following:

Create a site using "Microsoft Project Site" template under PWA.

Later oprn Server Settings --> Project Sites -->Select the project plan --Edit Site Address --> Remove the existing one --> Add the new one which you created manually.

-If you are not able to create website manually, analyse the ULS logs.

-Is possible run the SPS configuration wizard, later check the status.

I hope you have tried to login the site using System account...

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Saturday, September 25, 2010 2:24 AM

All replies

• Hello Joe,

Something has happened within SharePoint.  Check your windows event logs and ULS logs for clues.  My suspicion is that a service account has expired or been locked, but it also sounds like the site collection has been orphaned.  Site collections getting orphaned is usually cause by SQL databases being moved, or SharePoint maintenance not being done correctly.

The content db can become corrupted or full if there is a size limit on growth.  Also check  your SQL logs.  You can run DBCC REPAIR first to see if it detects anything.

Cheers!
    Michael WHarton, MBA, PMP, MCT

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Friday, September 24, 2010 1:56 PM
  • Try to check the following:

Create a site using "Microsoft Project Site" template under PWA.

Later oprn Server Settings --> Project Sites -->Select the project plan --Edit Site Address --> Remove the existing one --> Add the new one which you created manually.

-If you are not able to create website manually, analyse the ULS logs.

-Is possible run the SPS configuration wizard, later check the status.

I hope you have tried to login the site using System account...

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Saturday, September 25, 2010 2:24 AM